- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
In this tutorial, we will be exploring one of Deluge's third party plugins called LabelPlus. With LabelPlus, you can label some torrents you chose automatically according to your set filters and more, depending on what you set each label. You can also move and throttle torrents within a label with ease.
This requires the following:
- Deluge installed on your seedbox
- Deluge Thin Client (It does now have WebUI access)
- LabelPlus egg
In this guide, we'll be briefly teach you how to set it to automatically label and set max seeding ratio to some torrents.
|Table of Contents|
- Install Deluge via UCP
- Grab and install Deluge PC Client and Label Plus from the links provided
Deluge Client 1.3.15 Windows - https://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/deluge/windows/deluge-1.3.15-win32-py2.7.exe MacOS - http://download.deluge-torrent.org/mac_osx/deluge-188.8.131.52-macosx-x64.dmg Linux - Refer to your distribution LabelPlus: https://github.com/ratanakvlun/deluge-labelplus/releases/download/v0.3.2.2/LabelPlus-0.3.2.2-py2.7.egg
- Open up Deluge Client on your PC
- Click Preferences -> Interface and Uncheck Classic Mode
- Confirm to restart Deluge
- Once Rebooted, a window named Connection Manager appears. Click Add.
- Go back to your UCP, under applications Tab find remote client access under Deluge and input the values accordingly.
- Once that's done, click add and wait for the Green circle to pop up.
- Once that's popped up, highlight your new details and click Connect.
- Once connected, go to Preferences -> Plugin.
- Click Install Plugin and navigate to the file named LabelPlus-0.3.2.2-py2.7.egg and click Open
- This'll install the plugin on your PC client and to the Seedbox Client.
- After it's installed, tick LabelPlus and click OK. You may have to do that a few times to get it properly installed.
- Close Preferences. On the left side, click LabelPlus Tab.
- Right click the space → Add Label and name it.
- Click OK. You'll see your newly created Label.
- Right click that new label and select Label Options to set your preferences, as described below.
LabelPlus Label Options
- Here, you can set set the download directory and to move some of your specifically labelled torrents to different locations
- Here, you can set your labelled torrents your maximum DL, UL, connections and upload slots.
- We do not recommend throttling upload speed on any trackers, whether is public or private. Throttling speeds will be detected by the tracker and your download speeds will also be throttled to a crawl or will be IP banned.
- We recommend seeding them at a certain ratio instead.
- Here, you can set to seed your set torrents at a certain ratio.
- You may also opt to remove torrents once it reaches your certain ratio.
- Shown here, I created a label named Publics and set all my public tracker torrents to seed up to 2.0. Once that is reached, it'll be stopped by the plugin automatically.
- USB TOS allows clients to seed public torrents up to 2.0. This is to adhere fair usage rules and to not drain your allocated bandwidth.
- This is the heart of the plugin. It can check the following data. And if it matches, it'll assign the torrent to your set Label and it'll trigger whatever you set in the first three tabs of your Label.
- Name of the torrent
- Any files in the torrent
- You can also specify different matching modes for each.
- In the screenshot, I put in some of the known public tracker domains in the Label Publics.
- When I downloaded a torrent from tracker domains containing the ones I've set, it'll automatically put to Publics label and set to stop seeding until the ratio of 2.0 as set above.